Re: I find the Citrix agent for MyDesktop really clunky. How long before we can use MyDesktop without the Citrix agent%3F

Hi @Kimflowers

Alternatively, you can type mydrive.rmit.edu.au into your web browser and sign in using your staff ID and RMIT password.
If the MyDrive page looks a little blank to start, check your browser’s address bar for a protection icon (usually a shield icon).
You may need to click on it and select “load unsafe script”.

You can upload files from your personal device by clicking the Upload button in the interface and selecting the desired file from your personal device.
To download from the your H: to you personal device: locate the files in your H:, right click and select Download.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Adam

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: I find the Citrix agent for MyDesktop really clunky. How long before we can use MyDesktop without the Citrix agent%3F

Hey @BenO@Kimflowers@Warren_Nageswar & @chris!

The new myDesktop is now live - allowing you to use it in your web browser, even without installation of Citrix.

Check it out and let @Nghi know how you go! 

There are a few new features, such as the ability to upload and download files from your RMIT virtual desktop to your physical one (ie. your actual laptop) - and @Russb has put together a post with various help guides here.

Also, I think I just set a new record for the highest number of "@" mentions in a single post. Smiley LOL

Michael, Community Manager
RMIT, Information Technology Services
Tags (1)
Occasional Contributor

Well done guys.Smiley Happy

Warren Nageswaran
Contributor

Woo! Awesome work! Smiley Very Happy