d_1
New Contributor

MyDesktop - Chrome/Firefox Not Working

Hiya,

Just need some help regarding using Chrome/Firefox through myDesktop. I've tried accessing Chrome and Firefox through myDesktop and have been unsucessful. The window pops up but can not succesfully connect to a website. This has only recently started happenning (in the last week).

Thank you

Ahutch0

Re: MyDesktop - Chrome/Firefox Not Working

Hi @d_1

Do you happen to know if you're running the full or light version of MyDesktop (ie: light version simply running in the browser; full version requires the Citrix Receiver app installed to run)?

As a first troubleshooting step, try the following:
- In Chrome or Firefox, click the three dots in the upper right and select "New Incognito/Private Window"
- In the new Window, go to https://mydesktop.rmit.edu.au and log in.
- Try running an App or the desktop environment and see if you are successful

If the above works it would seem the browser has some older data cached in its memory, in which case you can just clear the cache to resolve it.

Please let us know how you go!

Regards,
Adam

Tags (1)
d_1
New Contributor

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the speedy response!

I am using the full not light version. I tried the above and it's still not working. I'm getting the below message.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 3.42.11 pm.png

Ahutch0

Hi @d_1

Apologies, as I had misread the initial issue you were having!
That you cannot achieve internet access *in* the Mydesktop environment is quite unusual. I've logged a ticket to our MyDesktop team and have PM'd you the reference number.
To reach your messages: Click your MyCommunity username in the upper right of the page > Messages.

Kind regards,

Adam

Tags (1)