Benedetta
New Contributor

MyDesktop

When I first opened the MyDesktop page it asked me if I wanted to download Citrix Receiver. I did and now when I open RMIT Desktop on MyDesktop the "upload download" button is not there. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions
michael_w
Frequent Contributor

Re: MyDesktop

Hi @Benedetta , 

To add to this - it sounds like you are looking to use myDesktop in the "light version", which is the version that doesn't use the citrix plug-in.

To access this version, you need to click on the menu next to your name, once you log in to mydesktop, and select "Change Receiver":

Citrix_Receiver.png

Then select the "Use light version":

Citrix_Receiver 2.png

Each version has its own nuances - you can change back and forth as per your preference at any time using these steps.

Hope this helps!

Michael, Community Manager
RMIT, Information Technology Services

View solution in original post

Tags (1)

All Replies
YasmineK
Community Manager

Hi @Benedetta

Welcome to the community 

Using myDesktop through citrix application will not have the upload/download button in the same way you are referring to. When you launch myDesktop through a browser (google chrome) it will launch the desktop through the browser rather than through the citrix application, which will give you that option to upload/download. Please try accessing myDesktop via google chrome. 

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have further issues

Happy Posting!!!

YasmineK,
ITS
michael_w
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Benedetta , 

To add to this - it sounds like you are looking to use myDesktop in the "light version", which is the version that doesn't use the citrix plug-in.

To access this version, you need to click on the menu next to your name, once you log in to mydesktop, and select "Change Receiver":

Citrix_Receiver.png

Then select the "Use light version":

Citrix_Receiver 2.png

Each version has its own nuances - you can change back and forth as per your preference at any time using these steps.

Hope this helps!

Tags (1)
Benedetta
New Contributor

Hi @michael_w,

Thank you so much for your help, it works perfectly now!

Smiley Very Happy

AndyLO
New Contributor

Re: Fail to upload file to MyDesktop

Hi,

When I tried to upload a file from my PC to the H: drive in myDesktop, it fails in the middle of the uploading and an error message "Citrix receiver is not connecting to server" was displayed.  I have tried several times and the result is the same.  The Citrix receiver using is the light version.  Would you please advise how to solve it. 

Andy

michael_w
Frequent Contributor

Hi @AndyLO

Which internet browser are you using to access myDesktop? Have you tried a different one?

@Nghi - any suggestions?

AndyLO
New Contributor

hi Wigeru,

i am using Chrome, this time when I logon Citrix receiver, there is neither upload and download buttons!

I haven't tried other browser.

Thanks

Andy

Nghi
New Contributor

Hi @AndyLO,

Thanks for posting!

The myDesktop Team is working with the Citrix developers to get the file upload issue fixed ASAP. Our observations are that there is a consistent issue when using the file upload functionality with Chrome and Safari but it works with Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.

If you don't see the Target menu citrix target.pngwhich contains the upload and download function, you are probably using the full version of Citrix Receiver (which requires the download and install of the receiver onto your device). If you are using the full version of Citrix Receiver you will have direct access to files on your device (and even devices attached to your device via USB). This is through the file explorer of the application you are using as per the image below. See @Wigeu's comment about how to change versions of Receiver when using Chrome.

mydesktop - fileup.png

Hope this helps!

Nghi Vu
Zee

Hi @AndyLO,

File upload is now available via myDesktop (using the light version) when connected to the RMIT network.

The most recent versions of IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari have been tested and are working without issue.

Files up to 2Gb in size can be uploaded as needed.

The myDesktop team are continuing work to have this functionality available off-campus (i.e. from your home network).

We will let you know when it becomes available.

Thanks

Matt

Damo
New Contributor

I am trying to access the light version on my android and I don't see the option to change reciever. Everytime I click an application, it just downloads some wierd file.