New Contributor

MyDesktop

Hi,

I've been trying to access MyDesktop for the past three days but it hasn't been working and keeps on saying 'Cannot start desktop "RMIT Desktop"', how do I fix this?

Re: MyDesktop

Hi @lamki

Thanks for posting!

Is this after you have signed in to https://mydesktop.rmit.edu.au and are attempting to run the RMIT Desktop by clicking on the computer icon?
If so, try clicking on Details to the right and click the Restart button just in case your device is trying to re-connect to an older session.
You can reply here to let us know if this helped.

If you're coming onto campus, you can also visit one of our service points with your device (if it's a laptop or tablet) and one of our staff can take a look.

Swanston Academic Building (SAB) – Building 80 Level 3 - Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 8.00 pm

Swanston Academic Building (SAB) – Building 80 Level 3 - Saturday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm

Bundoora Library - Monday to Friday - 9.00 am to 5.00 pm

Brunswick Library - Monday to Friday - 9.00 am to 5.00 pm

Swanston Library - Monday to Friday - 9.00 am to 5.00 pm

Building 28, Level 3 Lab – Monday to Friday – 9.00 am to 5.00 pm

Kind regards,
Adam

Tags (1)
Occasional Contributor

Hey @lamki

Can you use any of the apps in MyDesktop ?

Do you get that error when you try to login via mydesktop.rmit.edu.au ?

New Contributor

Hi, I believe I am getting the same issue. Was there ever a fix for this?

Apps also do not work

rmit mydesktop.gif

rmit mydesktop2.gif

Occasional Visitor

This may be an RMIT wide thing, I'm also getting the same error message. I haven't confirmed though.

Community Manager

Hi @Fankastic and @GenericUsername

Thanks for posting. I can confirm there was an issue with myDesktop over the weekend which was affecting multiple users. The issue had been reported and had been resolved.

You can try logging into myDesktop again, you may require to clear your browsing data, to ensure your browser is not just reloading error page.

If any further issues, please let us know so we can further assist 

I hope this helps 

Happy Posting!!!

YasmineK,
ITS

Seems @YasmineK has already beaten me to the punch on this one Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
Occasional Visitor

I was experiencing this issue all day. Just tried again following your instructions. Resolved! Thanks, YasmineK.

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi All,

I still can't log into RMIT mydesktop and it's getting really annoying because I have to access my thesis.

I have already tried to clear browsing history, and also have restarted mydesktop through the details section.

Is there still ongoing issues with this? And if so, how long will it take to fix?

Kind Regards,

Gloria

Hi @GloriaL

As of 4pm yesterday, MyDesktop was confirmed to be up and running once again. You should have been able to log in as normal after that time!
If you have further issues, don't hesitate to post back here Smiley Happy

Regards,
Adam