s3620214
Occasional Visitor

Mydesktop and GoogleDrive Error on Laptop

Hi everyone!

There is something wrong with my Mydesktop and GoogleDrive when I use my laptop.

1. Mydesktop:

This is what it shows when I log in into mydesktopThis is what it shows when I log in into mydesktop

2. Google Drive:

And I have been waiting like forever for my ggdrive shows upAnd I have been waiting like forever for my ggdrive shows up

Is there anyone know about this, whether it is because of my laptop or my student account? And who should I contact to, face to face to solve these problems because I have assignments to be done by next weekend?

Thank you!

michael_w
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mydesktop and GoogleDrive Error on Laptop

Hi @s3620214

From the information you've provided, I don't think that any of the issues would relate to your student account.

As far as a technical issue goes, there are many factors which could be causing this.

Google and myDesktop are completely separate from each other, and so the issue is likely to be related to either the internet connection or something specific to the laptop.

To help diagnose the root cause, could you let me know:

Are you trying to access Drive and myDesktop on campus at RMIT, or somewhere else? 

I see you're using Chrome. Do you get the same issue in another browser?

If you do want to take your laptop for face to face support, there are IT Service Points at all Libraries, as well as SAB.

Michael, Community Manager
RMIT, Information Technology Services