Shoaib
Occasional Contributor

Software Installation on MyDesktop

I wanted to install Pivot on my RMIT account, but need Admin privileges.

Shoaib Cat Wink >>If you find a reply that answers your question, click the button. Cat Wink

Accepted Solutions
Trent
Occasional Contributor

Re: Software Installation on MyDesktop

Hi Shoaib,

I'm not entirely sure what Pivot is, but you're not able to install software on myDesktop. It is a limitation of the system.

If it an application that is going to have a lot of use within myDesktop, then you can log a request (

https://mytechsupport.rmit.edu.au/)

for the Software and Virtual Desktop teams to look into the software and it's licensing and if it is going to be able to run within myDesktop.

Cheers,
Trent
The Software Guy | ITS

View solution in original post

All Replies
Trent
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shoaib,

I'm not entirely sure what Pivot is, but you're not able to install software on myDesktop. It is a limitation of the system.

If it an application that is going to have a lot of use within myDesktop, then you can log a request (

https://mytechsupport.rmit.edu.au/)

for the Software and Virtual Desktop teams to look into the software and it's licensing and if it is going to be able to run within myDesktop.

Cheers,
Trent
The Software Guy | ITS
Shoaib
Occasional Contributor

Hi Trent,

Is there a link for the request?

Shoaib Cat Wink >>If you find a reply that answers your question, click the button. Cat Wink
Trent
Occasional Contributor

Sorry about that Shoaib, just edited the post to provide the link, I'd put the wrong one in there. Just visit myTechSupport to raise a request.

Cheers,
Trent
The Software Guy | ITS
Shoaib
Occasional Contributor

Alright, so I cannot get that software installed. Smiley Sad

My next question is, why don't we have like Sandboxie?