LCosta
New Contributor

Which browser for myDesktop??

Hey Guys

Just found out that you can use myDesktop in a browser now. But the question is, which browser should I use??? 

Do they all work the same or is there one that is recommended by RMIT?

Cheers!

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
DanDBorrello
New Contributor

Re: Which browser for myDesktop??

Good evening,

I have been using three different browsers on two different operating systems.

I find internet explorer and Chrome works best on Windows machines  and Safari on Mac. 

Suprisingly MyDesktop works well with Microsoft Edge (the new browser in Windows 10)

Whatever browser you are comfortable with so if you think Firefox will work well for you, then use that. Or experiment like I did and find what would best be suitable for it. I don't think it matters too much. As long as you can connect and get decent results since it's basically remoting in to a desktop - then you should be fine.

Hope that helps. Smiley Happy Good luck, let me know how you go too.

View solution in original post

All Replies
DanDBorrello
New Contributor

Re: Which browser for myDesktop??

Good evening,

I have been using three different browsers on two different operating systems.

I find internet explorer and Chrome works best on Windows machines  and Safari on Mac. 

Suprisingly MyDesktop works well with Microsoft Edge (the new browser in Windows 10)

Whatever browser you are comfortable with so if you think Firefox will work well for you, then use that. Or experiment like I did and find what would best be suitable for it. I don't think it matters too much. As long as you can connect and get decent results since it's basically remoting in to a desktop - then you should be fine.

Hope that helps. Smiley Happy Good luck, let me know how you go too.