Cas
Occasional Contributor

myDesktop 1030 error

Hi, I was trying to use myDesktop from home, I was able to log in but when i select the desktop I kept getting an error message "The connection to 'RMIT Desktop' failed with status 1030" 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
rmshellard

Re: myDesktop 1030 error

Hi Cas, 

I received some advice from another student with the same issue. This is what they did to resolve it:

"Here is the order of the things I did, although I have no idea which of these steps made the actual difference.

1. I removed citrix using the citrix removal tool available on their site. However I noticed that the removal does not work properly in the first run. The removal tool has to be run twice to remove other settings and registry entries (All browsers must be closed)
2. I hoped chrome would have a better compatibility so I reinstalled it to have a fresh config. Restarted the computer
3. Downloaded a fresh installer of the latest version which is 4.3 (Has win 10 support)
4. Installed the Citrix receiver plugin from chrome plugin store

5. Voila! Smiley Happy"

I believe it may be best starting with downloading a fresh version of the Citrix Receiver and then taking the additional steps if necessary.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

All Replies
rmshellard

Hi Cas, 

I received some advice from another student with the same issue. This is what they did to resolve it:

"Here is the order of the things I did, although I have no idea which of these steps made the actual difference.

1. I removed citrix using the citrix removal tool available on their site. However I noticed that the removal does not work properly in the first run. The removal tool has to be run twice to remove other settings and registry entries (All browsers must be closed)
2. I hoped chrome would have a better compatibility so I reinstalled it to have a fresh config. Restarted the computer
3. Downloaded a fresh installer of the latest version which is 4.3 (Has win 10 support)
4. Installed the Citrix receiver plugin from chrome plugin store

5. Voila! Smiley Happy"

I believe it may be best starting with downloading a fresh version of the Citrix Receiver and then taking the additional steps if necessary.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy 

Cas
Occasional Contributor

I tried that and it worked!! Thanks so much!!