Chan
Occasional Visitor

Application for Laser Cut Service

I would like to apply for the license to access the laser cutting service in the uni. However I faced difficilties in finding the OSH online test from the RMIT website. May I know how can I access and get to the online test page? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
sam_rmit
RMIT Connect

Re: Application for Laser Cut Service

Hi Chan,

I apologise for the delay, I did some digging for you and It seems that the particular service is provided by your school.

Assuming you are enroled into a program that is provided by the School of Architecture and Design, the process in applying for such a license is outlined in a private site for students enrolled in their programs (LINK). If you don't have access to the site already you will need to request one.

For any more details on this you will need to contact your school directly.

Hope that helps! 

Sam.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)

All Replies
sam_rmit
RMIT Connect

Hi Chan,

I apologise for the delay, I did some digging for you and It seems that the particular service is provided by your school.

Assuming you are enroled into a program that is provided by the School of Architecture and Design, the process in applying for such a license is outlined in a private site for students enrolled in their programs (LINK). If you don't have access to the site already you will need to request one.

For any more details on this you will need to contact your school directly.

Hope that helps! 

Sam.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Pollyanna
New Visitor

Hi - 

I am studying Communication Design (now part of the School of Design). I am just wondering if I would have access to the laser cutter as well? Kind regards

AlannahBurgess2
New Visitor

Hey, 
Im alannah doing second year in fashion and in my DD3 i would like to use te laser cuter for my final garemnt!
Student number s3657119
Cosure code : AD014 
Second year 

Sahra
New Contributor

Hi Alannah

I hope you found your way to the FabShop to get laser access. Any teacher at the School of Fashion and Textiles could have given you this information so it would be a shame if you'd only asked here and didn't get a reply. 

Sahra
New Contributor

Hi Pollyanna

the Comm Design program don't have laser workshops. You can find commercial laser cutting services by googling or use the RMIT Library Makerspace on Franklin St. They have a 5W Emblaser which should be fine for paper and light card.